For music educators - By music educators
MSBandDirector.com is designed by and for music educators and provides all the information a school band director needs at their fingertips.
Some thoughts from members regarding usage and contribution on the new paradigm of MSBD:
1. Interact and use MSBandDirector.com as your professional network. (Interactions are private and semi-private.)
2. Experience new literature by visiting both the collaborative lists and the composer pages on the network. Ask the composers for program notes and insight to their pieces as you listen to their music!
3. Uploading your band handbook has given us the largest collection for program reference.
4. Uploading professional program pictures creates a daily motivational slide show just for your program.
5. Invite some more professional music educators to join "Your" network (Create a Group). Messaging capabilities become initiated and email becomes a thing of the past.
6. If you use one of the videos with your students, please rate them and consider uploading materials to go with it. Worksheets needed! Questions needed...Lessons created.
7. Check out the links on the main page (and forums/videos), remember that the pdf's are "stacks" and after looking through the stacks, decide if you have a better or complimentary handout and upload it. It will be added to the stack for everyone's use. We always need new materials.
8. Create helpful videos that you teach with. Share them with the membership to use, if you like. Please also add educational support to the comments below each video in the form of guided questions or uploaded worksheets.
9. Please set MSBandDirector.com as your browsers homepage at school.
10. Take the time to organize your top 10 literature lists for each music category and upload these to the forums. This will take time, but is what all directors can do to insure great programs/literature Worldwide.
Started by Russ Weaver in Free Quality Band Music / Directors who find links post here. Last reply by Fred Domulot Oct 13, 2017.