For music educators - By music educators
MSBandDirector.com is designed by and for music educators and provides all the information a school band director needs at their fingertips.
Some thoughts from members regarding usage and contribution on the new paradigm of MSBD:
1. Check out the links on the main page (and forums/videos), remember that the pdf's are "stacks" and after looking through the stacks, decide if you have a better or complimentary handout and upload it. It will be added to the stack for everyone's use.
2. Experience new literature by visiting both the collaborative lists and the composer pages on the network. Ask the composers for program notes and insight to their pieces as you listen to their music!
3. Upload your handbook to the forums to share with all. Comparative research.
4. Upload some professional pictures of your program.
5. Invite some more professional music educators to join "Your" network. Messaging capabilities become initiated and email can be a thing of the past.
6. If you use one the videos with your students, rate it and upload materials to go with it. Worksheets needed!
7. Interact and use MSBandDirector.com as your professional "facebook."
8. Create helpful videos that you teach with. Share them with the membership to use, if you like. Please also add educational support to the comments below each video in the form of guided questions or uploaded worksheets.
9. Set MSBandDirector.com as your browsers homepage at school.
10. Take the time to organize your top 10 literature lists for each music category and upload these to the forums. This will take time, but is what all directors can do to insure great programs Worldwide.
Started by Russ Weaver in Free Quality Band Music / Directors who find links post here. Last reply by Russ Weaver Jun 18, 2012.