3 Reasons Why the “Selected Studies” book by H. Voxman Is Killing Your Band Program

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Be interested to know any reasons that this book is "Killing" programs.  For my private students it is a wonderful collection of etudes that thoughtfully covers a wide range of clarinet issues, thus preparing advanced students for collegiate activities.  Many States also use it for All-State auditions.  Curious.  

The link mentions dying Band Programs. Where? They're not dying in Manitoba to my knowledge and readings. Why single out Voxman? What about all those other books private teachers have used with students all those decades ago. To be honest, I have been amazed since I began teaching (1977) that Band Programs still exist in today's (and in 1980's) technological world. Sports and other extra curricular activities were just as prevalent in 1977 as they are in 2019. But the technological gadgets didn't exist back then. Bands seem to keep rolling on. One could easily argue that kids may not relate to the Voxman in 1977 as well. The old books are still good. I started private lessons in 1964 with a book called Foundation to Clarinet Playing. Still have it (well, most of it....).

RSS

About

GHN created this Ning Network.

Sponsored Links

Keep this site member supported.

Membership donations keep corporate presence to a minimum.  Support this grass roots collaborative effort today with your tax-deductable contribution.  No support is too small.

Birthdays

© 2019   Created by GHN.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service