Do you all have a preference for beginners when it comes to reeds? And yes, I'll go there...fiber cane vs. reed. I know in an advanced situation fiber cane would not be a consideration, but what about with beginners? Just would like you thoughts on brands...ect.

Thanks

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ed,
I know that we struggle with this in our program as well. Basically we stay away from synthetic reeds and until the students learn to make their own we are the same as you; at the mercy of the store bought reed manufacturers. I would love some double reed players to let everyone know how they deal with this critical MS issue. I think LaVoz is the most popular at our school. I would love some input here.

I like Medium Forrest Reeds for bassoon.  The are about 14.00.  I get the boosters to buy a few and I sell them to the kids.  I'm a sax player but I played bassoon in college some.  I have two friends that play bassoon in the MEmphis City Orchestra and they think it's a decent reed. Forrest Music Products.com

They have decent oboe reeds too! 

RSS

About

GHN created this Ning Network.

Sponsored Links

Keep this site member supported.

Membership donations keep corporate presence to a minimum.  Support this grass roots collaborative effort today with your tax-deductable contribution.  No support is too small.

Latest Activity

Ed Nagel's photo was featured
Saturday
Jeffery Schweikardt's photo was featured
Saturday
Meleah Fisher's photo was featured
Saturday
Mark White's video was featured

The SmartMusic Experience

A parent, a student, and a teacher explain SmartMusic and the role it plays in music education.
Sep 10

Birthdays

© 2019   Created by GHN.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service