Directors,
Please respond by listing your favorite Grade 2 Marches of all time. You will need to simply post your favorite top 10 marches to this forum and I will update the Main Page as posts come in. If you would like your initials to be placed on the Main page, please indicate so in your post. This is a process that each middle school band director should go through and this process should generate the MSBandDirector preferred literature list for Grade TWO concert Marches only. Remember that we are using the grading chart listed on the home page so let's try and discuss and stick to this rubric. I will combine the lists and update as needed. If you are more comfortable sending me a message, simply click on the Russ Weaver icon and click the message button. Put your favorites up here and we will all benefit by watching the list take shape as generated by the professionals currently teaching the material as opposed to those publishing it or college folks who perform it for educational recordings.

Views: 709

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Listed as a 1.5 by FJH I believe it is best to include it in the 2 area for now:   

Bob Sheldon's

MARCH CEREMONIAL

is one of the best grade 1.5-2 marches I have ever come across.  Sounds like an advanced piece of literature both harmonically and rhythmically, it simply works "out of the box" so to speak.  My students took to this march and the rehearsal time was minimal.  I tend to champion literature that sounds much more complex than it is, and this piece certainly does this for my learners.  You can add this one to MY top 10 list of marches that "Work" for younger musicians.  Quality literature.

RSS

Sponsored Links

Keep this site member supported.

Membership donations keep corporate presence to a minimum.  Support this grass roots collaborative effort today with your tax-deductable contribution.  No support is too small.

Latest Activity

Russ Weaver posted a status
"Please keep MSBD free with limited ads by donating $1 today. It's important to notice the amount of work and content that's gone in here."
Jun 15
Russ Weaver posted a status
"Thanks Bruce, great find. Just downloaded it myself."
Jun 15
Bruce Chidester posted a discussion
Jun 14
Chris Pulley is now a member of MS Band Director
Jun 12

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

© 2017   Created by GHN.   Powered by