Directors,
The end result of this forum will be the Grade 1 MSBandDirector Concert Marches List. This list will be influenced by this generation of band directors and will be of value because the more votes a piece receives, the higher it climbs in the rankings. Please post no more than your top 10 favorites (you can change and edit any time your want) and the updated list will become available on the home page for download. This will, in turn, result in a list which should serve to better our profession through a quality literature reference list that has been generated by current middle school teachers.

Views: 722

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

March of the Irish Guard - James Ployhar
March of the Irish Dragoons - Andrew Balent
English Guard - Frank Williams
New South Wales March - Edmondson
March of the Irish Guard, March of the Irish Dragoons and the New South Wales March are all listed as grade 2 marches.

English Guard is listed as a Grade 3 March.

Going to need to trouble you to delete this posting and place these in the proper forums based on these grades unless I am missing something with regard to grading. Help.

thanks
I don't know if these are actually grade 1, but Newcastle by Jonnie Vinson and Winchester by John Edmondson are both quick to prepare. I also have one of my own, Vikings Victorious that has sold well.
Newcastle and Winchester belong on the grade 2 list and have been placed there with your endorsement. Vikings Victorious is currently on the grade 1 list with an endorsement.
Thanks for your submission.
Newcastle and Winchester are both considered grade 2 marches and should be listed in the grade 2 forum. Vikings Victorious is already listed on the suggested grade 1 list with endorsement.

Going to need to trouble your to delete this posting and place these in the proper forums based on these grades unless I am missing something with regard to grading.

thanks.

I'll throw a vote behind "New Alliance" - I used it this year and it was perfect for an experienced middle school group.  I put it in the folders after festivals were done (end of Feb.) and it was played at our spring concert.  

Just right for pushing their skill sets to the next level and the writing is solid. 

Who's the composer?  I'll add this to your list.

thanks,

RSS

Sponsored Links

Keep this site member supported.

Membership donations keep corporate presence to a minimum.  Support this grass roots collaborative effort today with your tax-deductable contribution.  No support is too small.

Latest Activity

Jonathan Garcia liked Ed Nagel's video
Friday
Chris Mulliniks is now a member of MS Band Director
Tuesday
Leif Hall replied to Mandy Hollingshead's discussion MYP
Tuesday
Russ Weaver's video was featured

Band Instrument Demonstrations

chamber music examples featuring like groups of all the band instruments. Ask your students what each instrument is as the video progresses.
Monday

© 2017   Created by GHN.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service