Directors,
This forum is linked from the main page and is THE place for you to post your "finds" in the way of free quality concert band warm-ups. There are pieces out there that are great pieces. If you have played them with your band and feel that everyone needs to know about them, please post them here.

Views: 29889

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are three of the most fabulous warm up chorales ever:

http://www.ryanfraley.com/3chorales.htm

Check 'em out!
Smartmusic has the Florida scales ready for assessment. Here are a few of the finale files. They are in score form and will need to have parts extracted if you want to use them that way.

RW

R. Bruce Scott said:
Russ (or anyone), I am looking for a ready-made set of scale sheets to give my middle school kids alla All State with arpeggios do you have this? Maybe Finale based.
Gb scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musA scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musG scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musF scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musEb scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musE scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musDb scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musDb scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musD scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musC scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musBb scale 2 octaves Florida Style.docB scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musAb scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musA scale 2 octaves Florida Style.mus
Here are the Bb Scale Parts

Russ Weaver said:
Smartmusic has the Florida scales ready for assessment. Here are a few of the finale files. They are in score form and will need to have parts extracted if you want to use them that way.

RW

R. Bruce Scott said:
Russ (or anyone), I am looking for a ready-made set of scale sheets to give my middle school kids alla All State with arpeggios do you have this? Maybe Finale based.
Gb scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musA scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musG scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musF scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musEb scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musE scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musDb scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musDb scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musD scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musC scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musBb scale 2 octaves Florida Style.docB scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musAb scale 2 octaves Florida Style.musA scale 2 octaves Florida Style.mus
Bruce,

Your kids can print them from Teagueband.com

GB
I've created a warm-up based on Scott McKee's Warm-ups in Eb/Bb. I've attached a compressed file with PDFs of the score and all parts. I'd welcome any feedback!
Attachments:
Will give these a play this week. Thanks for uploading. Can't have too many warm-ups in the book.
I used the Concert F series in rehearsal today. I forgot I had put them SO low for the brass. (I've got a trumpet section that I'm "babying" this year.)
Here is the Finale file.
Attachments:
Thanks again, they work well! Keep 'em coming.

Brian,

Would it be possible for you to save the warm up as a Smart Music file and send it to me?  I don't have a current version of Finale so I cannot convert the Finale file to a SMP file.

Rick Owens

These are perfect for my band. I'd used some in a method book years ago, (I forget which one) and I've been planning to develop some of my own for years. You saved me hours of time and trouble. Thanks!

No problem.  When you find great and usable things, please post them to MS?

RSS

Sponsored Links

Keep this site member supported.

Membership donations keep corporate presence to a minimum.  Support this grass roots collaborative effort today with your tax-deductable contribution.  No support is too small.

Latest Activity

Drew Shanefield posted songs
8 hours ago
Drew Shanefield posted a status
8 hours ago
Drew Shanefield posted a status
"So happy that a new work for young band, Elegy and Allegro, has gone into publication! Would you like to check it out? Here's that link"
8 hours ago
Kerri Glickstein updated their profile
Thursday

Birthdays

© 2017   Created by GHN.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service